REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. Walk-ups are welcome.
If you wish to virtually attend this convening CLICK HERE. The stream will begin at 12:00 PM.
See Chicago Dance (SCD) hosts quarterly convenings to foster dialogue among artistic directors, independent artists, administrators, and funders. As many companies lack funds to seek outside assistance, SCD provides invaluable peer networking opportunities. All SCD convenings are free and open to all members and non-members.
The next community convenining will be host at Ruth Page Center for the Arts on wednesday, November 16, 2022 from 12:00 - 2:00 PM. We plan to share key findings and insights from the ongoing Community Assessment Survey and lead in-person attendees through an open yet guided conversation on topics that matter most to you. Our goal is to better understand your unique experience and the resources needed to help the community thrive. All thoughts, ideas, and voices are welcome to contribute to this conversation!
This convening is a FREE hybrid (in-person and virtual) event that is open to all on a first-come, first-served basis regardless of SCD membership status. We are limiting our in-person capacity to 30. There are no capacity restrictions for those attending virtually. Virtual attendees will be able to submit questions/comments via the event's moderated chat. In-person & virtual attendees are encouraged to RSVP. Due to the nature of this event, RSVPs will close on November 15th at 11:55 PM. Virtual Attendees will receive an email confirmation with the Zoom meeting ID and password upon registration. Feel free to invite your friends, colleagues, and peers (regardless of SCD membership status) to join the conversation on November 16th.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you haven’t already, we also encourage you to fill out Community Assessment Survey!
As a member of the Chicago dance community, we are grateful for your important contribution.
Topics of the past year’s convenings, with attendance totaling more than 280, included a series of dialogues about diversity and equity in the dance field and conversations with leading dance critics about the evolution of dance media coverage. Below you will find the date and location of previous dance community convenings. Click on the links to view the meeting agenda, presentation, and/or materials handed out during the convening:
- August 15, 2022 - Financial Literacy Workshop with Sarah Lombardi
- June 14, 2022 - Copyright Workshop with John T.D. Bathke
- December 10, 2020 - Post Election Convening Part 2 via Zoom
- November 16, 2020 - Post Election Convening Via Zoom
- October 22, 2020 - Listening Session Findings Via Zoom
- April 8, 2020 - Chicago Performing Arts Virtual Retreat Via Zoom
- March 23, 2020 - Postponed due to Covid-19
- November 19, 2019 - The Whitehall Hotel
- August 21, 2019 - Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts
- May 29, 2019 - Chicago Cultural Center
- January 17, 2019 - Dance Center of Columbia College Chicago