Your gift directly helps area dance organizations build a broader and more sustainable presence in Chicago. See Chicago Dance strengthens the dance ecology in many ways:
SeeChicagoDance Grows Audiences
- SeeChicagoDance.com, our flagship program launched in 2005, continues to serve over 200 dance organizations and thousands of ticket buyers as the most comprehensive source for information on Chicago dance.
- Moving Dialogs, our public discussion series, focuses on building audiences through deeper conversations around themed topics, exploring cultural concerns through the lens of dance.
SeeChicagoDance Empowers Audiences
- Arts Midwest Booking Conference – We produce an annual Chicago dance showcase to boost the visibility of our local dance companies and help build their touring rosters with a live performance for over 100 Midwest and National presenters.
- Distribution Program – This new marketing initiative delivers promotional materials for Chicago dance performances to more than 70 arts friendly locations all over the city.
- Market Research – Our dance ticket buyer survey, conducted by CB White Consulting and in partnership with 26 AARCH member organizations, received over 1,400 responses from dancegoers whose opinions will guide companies to better target their messages and marketing.
SeeChicagoDance Builds Community
- Dance Community Convenings – SeeChicagoDance hosts quarterly gatherings for the entire Chicago dance community to network, stay informed and make deeper connections, which have resulted in new job placements and professional opportunities.
- Individual Artist Membership (iAM) is our newest program supporting individual artists with their professional development needs.
SeeChicagoDance Advocates for the Field
- Chicago Dance Month – We celebrate dance in Chicago each April with a citywide campaign including marketing initiatives, ticket deals and professional development for Chicago professionals.
- AARCH staff actively participates in numerous committees and aligns with partner agencies such as the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Choose Chicago and Arts Alliance Illinois.