See Chicago Dance Grows Audiences
- SeeChicagoDance.com, our flagship program launched in 2005, continues to serve over 200 dance artists and organizations and thousands of ticket buyers as the most comprehensive source for information on Chicago dance.
- Moving Dialogs, our public discussion series, focuses on building audiences through deeper conversations around themed topics, exploring cultural concerns through the lens of dance. Program on hiatus until all COVID precautions for indoor gatherings are lifted.
- Screendance Club, a radically casual watch-party of short dance films and aims to create an environment of open conversation and exploration--with artists, filmmakers, and viewers on an equal footing.
See Chicago Dance Empowers Audiences
Sponsored Performances: In addition to providing marketing support, networking, and advocacy, SCD occasionally acts as a producer, curating free, live dance performances that spotlight the diverse and dynamic dancing community in Chicago. The Chicago Dance Month Kick-off Celebration is the largest of these productions.
Distribution Program – Marketing initiative delivers promotional materials for Chicago dance performances to more than 70 arts friendly locations all over the city. Program temporarily on hiatus.
- Market Research – Our dance ticket buyer survey, conducted by CB White Consulting and in partnership with 26 SCD member organizations, received over 1,400 responses from dancegoers whose opinions will guide companies to better target their messages and marketing.
See Chicago Dance Builds Community
- Dance Community Convenings – See Chicago Dance hosts quarterly gatherings for the entire Chicago dance community to network, stay informed and make deeper connections, which have resulted in new job placements and professional opportunities.
SCD Membership is free for individual artists, companies, and organizations and offers exclusive opportunities that help dancers thrive.
See Chicago Dance Advocates for the Field
- Chicago Dance Month – We celebrate dance in Chicago each April with a citywide campaign including marketing initiatives, ticket deals and professional development for Chicago professionals.
- SCD staff actively participate in numerous committees and align with partner agencies such as the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Dance/USA, Navy Pier, and Arts Alliance Illinois.