APPLICATION ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS PROGRAM.
See Chicago Dance is excited to accept applications for the 2024 Dance For Camera Mentorship Program!
Since the onset of the pandemic in 2020, See Chicago Dance has focused our programming on cultivating sustainability and resilience in the Chicago dance field, including a series of Dance for Camera training programs.
In 2024, Dance for Camera (D4C) will utilize a flexible “à la carte” format comprised of:
- a more structured, but still flexible, curriculum for up to 20 participants, selected by application.
These participants will receive:
- An initial consultation and orientation with the SCD project manager;
- Access to 10-15 how-to video modules (approx. 1.5 hours of engagement each);
- A “bank” of 5 hours of one-on-one mentoring time with video/filmmaking professionals;
- Opportunities for exchange with other participants developing their own projects.
This “choose-your-own-adventure” curriculum is designed for busy dance artists who may not have time to do all the components of the curriculum or need to do them on their own schedule.
- There is no cost to apply or participate in any of the aspects of this mentorship and self-guided learning program.
- This program is available to any Chicago-based dance artist at any stage of their dance-for-camera journey. You must be a See Chicago Dance member to apply. (Membership is free and easy to set up; just click HERE.)
- The application is short and will take less than 20 minutes to complete. Successful applicants will meet with SCD staff to determine their individual goals to help guide pairing with a suitable mentor.
- Up to 20 individuals will be accepted into the Mentorship Program.
- Mentorship hours are available March through August 2024.
- Participants must use their mentorship hours in the month agreed upon.
- Throughout 2024, concurrent with the Dance For Camera Mentorship Program, See Chicago Dance will also host four half-day, in-person workshops where participants will have a range of hands-on opportunities to develop technical and camera skills. Mentorship Program participants are encouraged to attend and will be given registration priority . More details about dates and content of these one-off sessions will be released via all of SCD’s communication channels in early 2024.
- Program Participants will not receive a stipend.
- January 10: Application opens
- February 10: Application closes
- Feb. 12-16: Applications reviewed
- Feb. 19-23: Interviews conducted
- Feb. 26: Announcement of participants
- March-August: Program activity takes place
Ready to apply? Click the button below!
The Dance For Camera: Mentorship Program is partially supported by funding from the National Endowment for the Arts.